The Sri Chinmoy Races are fun events for all, running or walking up and down the Sumner Esplanade.
Three distances are available: 10km (for 14 years +), 5km (for 13 years +), and 2.5km (for 12 years and under).
Dates: Sunday 13th June 2020.
Time: 9am. Registration from 8.15am.
Start Location: Sumner Scarborough Clock Tower (147 Esplanade, Sumner).
Cost: $20 for the 10km and 5km events. $10 for the children's 2.5km. Discounts available for under 20s, students and over 60s. A $5 late fee will apply to on-the-day registrations.
This fun family-friendly event is held three times a year - April, June and July in 2021.
There will an aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
The Lotus-Heart Restaurant will be providing a post-race breakfast from 9.30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre. The races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- SouthernCross CX Season
- Energise Fun Run
- Virtual Events Club
- A Quickie in the Forest
- Bivouac Outdoor Mt Isobel Challenge
- Rawhiti Races
- Puawai Colour Run
- Wicked Rogaine Winter Series
- Canterbury Duathlon Series
- Winter Worlds
- Andrew Reese Memorial Relay
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Bridge to Bridge Ultra Marathon
- Bridge to Bridge North Mountain Bike Ride
- Winter Solstice Night Light Bike Ride
- Holloway Memorial Cross Country Races
- Forest Run Fest: Frost Edition
- Hanmer 10