The Sri Chinmoy Races are fun events for all, running or walking up and down the Sumner Esplanade.
Three distances are available: 10km (for 14 years +), 5km (for 13 years +), and 2.5km (for 12 years and under).
Dates: Sunday 4th April 2020.
Time: 9am. Registration from 8.15am.
Start Location: Sumner Scarborough Clock Tower (147 Esplanade, Sumner).
Cost: $20 for the 10km and 5km events. $10 for the children's 2.5km. Discounts available for under 20s, students and over 60s. A $5 late fee will apply to on-the-day registrations.
This fun family-friendly event is held three times a year - April, June and July in 2021.
There will an aid station offering water and Horley's Replace electrolyte drink.
Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
The Lotus-Heart Restaurant will be providing a post-race breakfast from 9.30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre. The races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- A Quickie on the Beach
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- PAPO Summer Sprint Series
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Southshore Estuary Evening Race
- The Bucket Run
- Le Race
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Run Ruapuna
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon
- Pier to Pier Run Festival
- Forest Run Fest: Autumn Edition
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Arrowsmith Thee Races
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Christchurch Marathon
- Walk for Dementia
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Kaikoura Adventure Race
- Red Zone 6