The Sri Chinmoy Races are fun events for all, running or walking up and down the Sumner Esplanade.
Three distances are available: 10km (for 14 years and over), 5km (for 12 years and over), and 2.5km (under 13 years).
Dates: Sunday 19th July 2020.
Time: 9am. Registration from 8.15am.
Cost: $20 for the 10km and 5km events. $10 for the children's 2.5km. Discounts available for under 20s, students and over 60s. A $5 late fee will apply to on-the-day registrations.
This fun family-friendly event is held three times a year - February, May and July.
Medals are awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each event.
The Lotus-Heart Restaurant will be providing a post-race breakfast from 9.30am. The meal is complimentary for all participants. Supporters are welcome to purchase breakfast for $10.
The international Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is a non-profit organisation conducted by the Sri Chinmoy Centre. The races are held as a service to the running community to promote self-transcendence through sports.
- Winter Worlds
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Virtual Events Club
- JD Duathlon Series
- Lakeside Relays
- South Island Half Marathon
- Wicked Winter Rogaine
- Krank It
- Mud Sweat and Tears Challenge
- Wicked Rogaine Winter Series
- Canterbury Mountain Bike Series
- A Quickie in the Quarry
- North Canterbury Adventure Race
- Forest Run Fest: Moonlight Edition
- Andrew Reese Memorial Relay
- Hanmer Springs Trail Festival
- Takahe-Akaroa Road Relay
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Spring Blossom Marathon
- Governors Bay to Lyttelton Road Race
- 4 Paws Marathon