New content added this month:
- Events happening in June and July including the Christchurch ASB Marathon.
- The latest Active Canterbury Newsletter (May-June 2018).
- Specific events now listed for children and young people, including Children's Cross Country.
- Upcoming awareness dates and campaigns such as World Smokefree Day.
- Upcoming training opportunities such as the Exercise Association NZ Roadshow.
Active Canterbury on Facebook has the latest local events and happenings on physical activity.
Here are some snippets on the latest physical activity research or news that we found interesting.
The Ministry of Health has launched a package of free online resources aimed at getting children aged five and under to play regularly and have quality sleep.
Exercise is even better than thinking for the health of your brain says Harvard psychiatry professor John Ratey.
Keeping active throughout life is an important part of staying healthy, however as we age and at different stages of life, the type of exercise we engage in will need to change to suit us. This is especially true for midlife women.
The Active Canterbury Newsletter is produced bi-monthly and aims to keep local physical activity providers informed. It has a focus on latest physical activity research, upcoming education and training opportunities, key events and tips on how to practically apply research and industry tools.
View the latest newsletter: AC Network Newsletter May-June 2018