These fun rogaines are suitable for gurus to newbies: 6-hour, 4-hour, 2-hour options are available as well as an 1-hour family event.
Anybody that has a moderate level of fitness can participate. A high level of navigation ability is not required. Kids and families are welcome to come and have a fun time.
Date: Sunday 31st July 2022.
Start Time: From 9.30am. Maps available from 9am and briefing at 9.25am. All events will be completed by 4pm.
Location: Weka Pass.
Cost: A late fee will apply to entries received after midnight on Thursday 14th July 2022.
- 6-hour or 4-hour: $80 per adult, $60 for students and $50 for secondary school students.
- 2-hour: $30 per adult, $25 for students and $20 for secondary school students.
- 1-hour: $25 for a family (2 parents and up to 4 children from the same family). Kids 12 years and under are free with one paying adult.
Find out more on the Wicked Rogaines website, including about training clinics for first-timers.
Rogaining involves teams of two to five members visiting as many checkpoints as possible in the time allowed. Checkpoints are scored differently depending on level of difficulty in reaching them; therefore teams choose a strategy (such as to visit many low score checkpoints) and route selection becomes a vital component.
Teams travel entirely on foot, navigating by map and compass between checkpoints in terrain that varies from open farmland to hilly forest. Teams travel at their own pace and anyone from children to grandparents can experience the personal satisfaction that comes from cross-country navigation at their own level of competition and comfort. Team members stay within earshot of each other.
The best thing about rogaining is the social aspect. Everyone starts at the same time, and generally finishes at the same time - it is just the amount of ground that has been covered by teams that differs. Rogaining can be held in city environments or in farmland and bush, and you get to visit parts of the country you never knew existed.
- Virtual Events Club
- Canterbury Duathlon Series
- Winter Worlds
- SouthernCross CX Season
- Amuri Basin Rogaine
- Forest Run Fest: Frost Edition
- Andrew Reese Memorial Relay
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Wicked Winter Rogaine
- Canterbury Mountain Bike Series
- Lakeside Relays
- South Island Half Marathon
- JD Duathlon Series
- Wicked Rogaine Winter Night Series
- Mud Sweat and Tears Challenge
- Port Hills Spring Rogaine
- Canterbury Adventure Race