The South Island Half Marathon will be held at Lake Hood near Ashburton. The event will see runners run around the beautiful lake and experience amazing water views.
This event caters for all abilities - whether you’re a beginner or an elite runner - due to the fast flat course.
You can run or walk as well as hybrid "run a bit, walk a bit" in the half marathon, or walk or run over a shorter 7km distance. There will also be a 1.5km Kidz Dash for those aged 7 to 13 years. This event is not suitable for wheelchair athletes or for prams.
Date: Sunday 7th August 2022.
Start Time: 9.30am for walkers and hybrid entrants, 10am for runners and 10.08am for the Kidz Dash. Race briefing will be held 5 to 10 minutes before the start time.
Start Location: Lake House at Lake Hood (6km south east of Ashburton).
- Half marathon - $79 for walkers, hybrid entrants and runners.
- 7km - $59 for walkers and runners.
- $30 for the Kidz Dash.
Late fees will be added for entries received after Sunday 31st July 2022.
Find out more about the South Island Half Marathon, including how to enter.
- Virtual Events Club
- Canterbury Duathlon Series
- Winter Worlds
- SouthernCross CX Season
- Amuri Basin Rogaine
- Forest Run Fest: Frost Edition
- Andrew Reese Memorial Relay
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Wicked Winter Rogaine
- Canterbury Mountain Bike Series
- Lakeside Relays
- South Island Half Marathon
- JD Duathlon Series
- Wicked Rogaine Winter Night Series
- Mud Sweat and Tears Challenge
- Port Hills Spring Rogaine
- Canterbury Adventure Race