The South Island Half Marathon will be held at Lake Hood near Ashburton. The event will see runners run around the beautiful lake and experience amazing water views.
This event caters for all abilities - whether you’re a beginner or an elite runner - due to the fast flat course.
You can run or walk as well as hybrid "run a bit, walk a bit" in the half marathon, or walk or run over a shorter 7km distance. There will also be a 1.5km Kidz Dash for those aged 7 to 13 years. You can also do the half marathon or 7km events virtually this year.
Date: Sunday 2nd August 2020.
Start Time: 9.30am for walkers and hybrid entrants, 10am for runners and Kidz Dash at 10.10am. Race briefing will be held 5 to 10 minutes before start.
Start Location: Lake House at Lake Hood (6km south east of Ashburton).
Costs: Half marathon - $79 for walkers, hybrid entrants and runners. 7km - $49 for walkers and runners. $30 for the Kidz Dash.
Late fees will be added for entries received after 26th July 2020.
Find out more about the South Island Half Marathon, including how to enter.
- Winter Worlds
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Virtual Events Club
- JD Duathlon Series
- Lakeside Relays
- South Island Half Marathon
- Wicked Winter Rogaine
- Krank It
- Mud Sweat and Tears Challenge
- Wicked Rogaine Winter Series
- Canterbury Mountain Bike Series
- A Quickie in the Quarry
- North Canterbury Adventure Race
- Forest Run Fest: Moonlight Edition
- Andrew Reese Memorial Relay
- Hanmer Springs Trail Festival
- Takahe-Akaroa Road Relay
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Spring Blossom Marathon
- Governors Bay to Lyttelton Road Race
- 4 Paws Marathon