Winter Worlds is an iconic road racing series held on the outskirts of Christchurch. It provides all riders with a simple, safe and fun opportunity to race during winter and have a blast doing it.
The event distance is 42km on a flat easy course. There are entry grades, including two for first-time riders:
- 'No Drop' where the first 30km is ridden as a group and a race over the final 12km, and
- a 15km development grade - also suitable for those under 15 years.
Dates: Every Sunday from 13th May to 5th August 2018.
Start Time: From 10.30am. Sign in on the day from 9.30am.
Start Location: The Bridge Restuarant and Bar (578 Springs Road, Prebbleton).
Cost: $20 for adults, $15 for students and those completing a 'Race Ready' workshop, $50 for a family pass (3 or more riders) per event. You can purchase a series pass for all 13 events for $200.
Find out more about the Winter Worlds road racing series. Entry fees are paid on the day of the event - cash only.
- Winter Worlds
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- JD Duathlon Series for all ages
- SouthernCross CX Season
- South Island Half Marathon
- Little River Rogaine
- Torpedo7 Wicked Rogaine Mid Winter Series
- Christchurch 10km Night Series
- Selwyn Sport and Recreation Have A Go Day
- Governors Bay to Lyttelton Road Race
- Greta Valley Marathon Relay
- Sri Chinmoy Spring Blossom Marathon
- Muddy Good Run Rangiora
- Jackson Holmes Salmon Run
- CBD Stampede
- Crater Rim Ultra