EVENTS FROM SATURDAY 7TH JUNE 2020 ONWARDS WILL BE REAL - NO LONGER VIRTUAL!
Winter Worlds is an iconic road racing series held on the outskirts of Christchurch. It provides all riders years with a simple, safe and fun opportunity to race during winter and have a blast doing it.
The event distance is 38km on a flat easy course. There are entry grades, including two for first-time riders:
- 'No Drop' where the first 13km is ridden as a group and a race over the final 13km, and
- a 12km development grade - also suitable for those under 15 years.
Dates: Every Sunday from 3rd May to 16th August 2020.
Start Time: From 10am. Sign in on the day from 9am at The Laboratory (17 West Belt. Lincoln).
Start Location: Wetlands Motukara Huts (Ellesmere Road, Lincoln).
Cost: $20 for adults, $15 for secondary and tertiary students and $10 for development grade riders per event. You can purchase a series pass for all events for $150.
The 2020 series also has a team challenge for 4 or 5 riders. Riders don't have to compete in the same grade. Cost is $30 for adult teams, and $25 for secondary or tertiary student teams. You can purchase a team series pass for all events for $200.
Find out more about the Winter Worlds road racing series. Entry fees can be paid by online banking before 10pm on the Friday before the event, or paid by cash on the day of the event.
No events on the following dates:
- Sunday 31st May 2020; and
- Sunday 5th and 12th July 2020.
- Winter Worlds
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Virtual Events Club
- JD Duathlon Series
- Lakeside Relays
- South Island Half Marathon
- Wicked Winter Rogaine
- Krank It
- Mud Sweat and Tears Challenge
- Wicked Rogaine Winter Series
- Canterbury Mountain Bike Series
- A Quickie in the Quarry
- North Canterbury Adventure Race
- Forest Run Fest: Moonlight Edition
- Andrew Reese Memorial Relay
- Hanmer Springs Trail Festival
- Takahe-Akaroa Road Relay
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Spring Blossom Marathon
- Governors Bay to Lyttelton Road Race
- 4 Paws Marathon