Give cyclocross a go or race in the SouthernCross CX series. You can bring your mountain bike (MTB) along for the Give-it-go and development category event (starting at 11am for adults and 11.10am for juniors and noon for kids).
CX bikes are encouraged for the race event (starting at 12.30pm) - but you can compete on your MTB with tyres up to 42mm wide. SouthernCross will be loaning out some sets of CX tyres - if your 29er is compatible.
You register on the day from 9.30am for each round. The cost is $20 per person per round. A discount is available if you wish to enter all rounds.
There are 6 rounds in the series:
- Sunday 6th May - Hagley Park;
- Sunday 27th May - Rawhiti Domain;
- Sunday 17th June - Lake Roto Kohatu;
- Sunday 8th July - Spencer Park;
- Sunday 29th July - Rangiora Showgrounds; and
- Sunday 19th August - Ferrymead Heritage Park.
- Winter Worlds
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- JD Duathlon Series for all ages
- SouthernCross CX Season
- South Island Half Marathon
- Little River Rogaine
- Torpedo7 Wicked Rogaine Mid Winter Series
- Christchurch 10km Night Series
- Selwyn Sport and Recreation Have A Go Day
- Governors Bay to Lyttelton Road Race
- Greta Valley Marathon Relay
- Sri Chinmoy Spring Blossom Marathon
- Muddy Good Run Rangiora
- Jackson Holmes Salmon Run
- CBD Stampede
- Crater Rim Ultra