Give cyclocross a go or race in the SouthernCross CX series. You can bring your mountain bike (MTB) along for the Give-it-go and development category event for all ages (starting at noon).
CX bikes are encouraged for the race events (B Grade at 11am and A Grade at 1pm) - but you can compete on your MTB with tyres up to 42mm wide. SouthernCross will be loaning out some sets of CX tyres - if your 29er is compatible.
You register on the day from 9.30am for each round. The cost is $20 for adults and $10 for juniors (or free with a racing parent) per round. There will be a free mini-course for under 8s.
A discount is available if you wish to enter all rounds.
There are 6 rounds in the series (TBC):
- Sunday 10th May - Rawhiti Domain;
- Sunday 24th May - Spencer Park;
- Sunday 7th June - Rangiora Showgrounds;
- Sunday 21st June - Hagley Park;
- Sunday 5th July - Ferrymead Heritage Park; and
- Sunday 19th July - Christchurch Agricultural Park.