Give cyclocross a go or race in the SouthernCross CX series. You can bring your mountain bike (MTB) along for the Give-it-go and development category event for all ages (starting at noon).
CX bikes are encouraged for the race events (B Grade at 11am and A Grade at 1pm) - but you can compete on your MTB with tyres up to 42mm wide. SouthernCross will be loaning out some sets of CX tyres - if your 29er is compatible.
You register on the day from 9.30am for each round. The cost is $20 for adults and $10 for juniors (or free with a racing parent) per round. There will be a free mini-course for under 8s.
A discount is available if you wish to enter all rounds.
There are 6 rounds in the series:
- Sunday 16th May - Rawhiti Domain;
- Sunday 30th May - Roto Kohatu Reserve;
- Sunday 13th June - Ascot Golf Course;
- Sunday 27th June - Ferrymead Heritage Park;
- Sunday 11th July - Spencer Park; and
- Saturday 24th July - Hagley Park.
Find out more about the SouthernCross CX Series (Facebook).
- SouthernCross CX Season
- Energise Fun Run
- Virtual Events Club
- A Quickie in the Forest
- Bivouac Outdoor Mt Isobel Challenge
- Rawhiti Races
- Puawai Colour Run
- Wicked Rogaine Winter Series
- Canterbury Duathlon Series
- Winter Worlds
- Andrew Reese Memorial Relay
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Bridge to Bridge Ultra Marathon
- Bridge to Bridge North Mountain Bike Ride
- Winter Solstice Night Light Bike Ride
- Holloway Memorial Cross Country Races
- Forest Run Fest: Frost Edition
- Hanmer 10