site menu: Te Reo Māori | EnglishMenu
Join this new trail run for nature at the majestic Island Hills Station - about 1.5 hours north of Christchurch in North Canterbury.
Four distances are available:
- 42km Two Tunner - a true test for trail junkies (18 years +);
- 30km Wilderbeast - a great middle-distance option for looking for a technical challenge (18 years +);
- 15km Dozer Line - for anyone new to trail running or as a training run (16 years +); and
- 3km Weaning Muster - to give kids a taste of trail running (5 years +). Parents are encouraged to run alongside their kids.
Each course takes in the stunning landscapes and breathtaking views of Island Hills. You will run past rivers, streams and through some of the most pristine native forest that North Canterbury has to offer.
Date: Saturday 29th April 2023.
Start Time: 7am for the Two Tunner, 9am for the Wilderbeast, 10am for the Dozer Line and 11am for the Weaning Muster event. Briefings will occur 15 minutes before each event.
Start Location: Island Hills Station (1612 Tekoa Road, Culverden).
Find out more about the Skedaddle Trail Run, including how to register.
All proceeds from this event will go towards conservation efforts in the Mandamus Preservation Reserve, which includes the largest QEII Open Space Covenant in Canterbury.
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Rail Trail Rampage
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Lakes Reserve Cross Country
- Methven and Foothills Walking Festival
- The Walking Festival
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Kaikoura Adventure Race
- Christchurch Marathon
- Red Zone 6
- Hagley Memorial Relay
- Skedaddle Trail Run
- Hanmer Four Square Half Marathon
- Wicked Autumn Rogaine
- Crazy Kea Autumn Rogaine
- Canterbury Duathlon Series