These fun rogaines on the Port Hills are suitable for gurus to newbies: 1-hour and 2-hour options are available.
Anybody that has a moderate level of fitness can participate. A high level of navigation ability is not required.
Wicked Kids Fun Rogaines will also be held to encourage kids - especially those under 7 years - to get outside and try rogaining. Kids and families are welcome to come and have a fun time.
- Wednesday 24th March 2021: Christchurch Adventure Park;
- Wednesday 31st March 2021: Farm Track; and
- Wednesday 14th April 2021: Barnett Park.
Start Time: From 4.30pm for the Kids Fun event, and from 6pm for the other events. Maps available from 5.30pm.
Cost: $25 per adult and $20 for students. $20 per team for the Wicked Kids Fun Rogaine. Kids 12 years and under are free with one paying adult. Discounts are available if you sign up for the whole series. A $5 late fee will be charged for entries on the evening.
Find out more on the Wicked Rogaines website, including about training clinics for first-timers.
Rogaining involves teams of two to five members visiting as many checkpoints as possible in the time allowed. Checkpoints are scored differently depending on level of difficulty in reaching them; therefore teams choose a strategy (such as to visit many low score checkpoints) and route selection becomes a vital component.
Teams travel entirely on foot, navigating by map and compass between checkpoints in terrain that varies from open farmland to hilly forest. Teams travel at their own pace and anyone from children to grandparents can experience the personal satisfaction that comes from cross-country navigation at their own level of competition and comfort. Team members stay within earshot of each other.
The best thing about rogaining is the social aspect. Everyone starts at the same time, and generally finishes at the same time - it is just the amount of ground that has been covered by teams that differs. Rogaining can be held in city environments or in farmland and bush, and you get to visit parts of the country you never knew existed.
- A Quickie on the Beach
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- PAPO Summer Sprint Series
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Southshore Estuary Evening Race
- The Bucket Run
- Le Race
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Run Ruapuna
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon
- Pier to Pier Run Festival
- Forest Run Fest: Autumn Edition
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Arrowsmith Thee Races
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Christchurch Marathon
- Walk for Dementia
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Kaikoura Adventure Race
- Red Zone 6