This fun rogaine is suitable for gurus to newbies - with 2, 4 or 6-hour options. Anybody that has a moderate level of fitness can participate. A high level of navigation ability is not required.
Kids 12 years and under are free so families are welcome to come and have a fun time. There's also a 1-hour Wicked Kids Fun Rogaine available for families to compete together!
Date: Sunday 13th December 2020.
Start Time: 10am for the 6-hour event, and noon for the 2- and 4-hour events. From 10am for the Wicked Kids Fun Rogaine. Registrations and maps available one hour before the event begins.
Start Location: Living Springs Camp and Conference Centre (218 Bamfords Road, Allandale).
- Adults: $65 for the 4- or 6-hour events, and $30 for the 2-hour event;
- Students: $50 for the 4- or 6-hour events, and $20 for the 2-hour event; and
- $20 for the 1-hour Wicked Kids Fun Rogaine option for families (2 adults and up to 4 children from the same family).
Find out more about the Wicked Christmas Rogaine, including how to enter. A late fee applies to entries after 10pm on Saturday 5th December 2020.
Rogaining involves teams of two to five members visiting as many checkpoints as possible in the time allowed. Checkpoints are scored differently depending on level of difficulty in reaching them, so teams choose a strategy (such as to visit many low score checkpoints) and route selection becomes a vital component.
Teams travel entirely on foot, navigating by map and compass between checkpoints in terrain that varies from open farmland to hilly forest. Teams travel at their own pace and anyone from children to grandparents can experience the personal satisfaction that comes from cross-country navigation at their own level of competition and comfort. Team members stay within earshot of each other.
The best thing about rogaining is the social aspect. Everyone starts at the same time, and generally finishes at the same time - it is just the amount of ground that has been covered by teams that differs. Rogaining can be held in city environments or in farmland and bush, and you get to visit parts of the country you never knew existed.
- Virtual Events Club
- Wicked Rogaine Spring Series
- Nga Puna Wai Relay Run
- Mission Mt Somers
- Selwyn Running Festival
- Sri Chinmoy Pegasus Bay Classic
- Rasdex Classic River Race Series
- Darfield Duathlon
- Corporate Challenge 5K
- A Quickie in the Hills
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Boulder Bay Classic
- Omihi School Farm Race
- Krayzie K's
- The Training Run
- Valley Ultra
- Cheviot Hills Challenge
- Colour Zone Run
- Banks Peninsula Adventure Race
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- RealSwim Race Series
- Canterbury Half Marathon
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Wicked Christmas Rogaine
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series