The Longbeach Coastal Challenge is a fabulous event in rural Canterbury that includes trail running or walking and mountain bike events. It will be a great day out with good ol' fashioned country hospitality to make you feel at home.
The course takes you from farm tracks, through stream crossings, onto the beach, up and down gullies, all with a view of the Pacific Ocean from atop the soaring cliffs.
Each event will be held over 3 distances:
- Mountain bike - solo or team: 23km or 35km.
- Mountain bike - family ride: 12km.
- Run: 5km, 12km or 21km.
- Walk: 5km or 12km.
You can compete as part of a team of up to 4 members for the 23km or 35km mountain bike events. The 12km mountain bike ride is suitable for families to ride together.
Date: Sunday 28th November 2021.
Start Time: 9am for runners, walkers and family riders (race briefing at 8.45am). 10.30am for other riders (race briefing at 10.15am).
Location: Longbeach Estate (1754 Longbeach Road, Ashburton).
Cost: From $35 for adults (18+ years), and $20 for juniors (5 to 17 years).
Find out more about the Longbeach Coastal Challenge, including how to enter. A late fee to added to entries received from Saturday 20th November 2021. Entries close on Tuesday 23rd November 2021.
This event is run by Hinds and District Lions Club and Longbeach School. All proceeds will be divided between the Longbeach School Charitable Trust and the Hinds and Districts Lions Charitable Trust.
- Virtual Events Club
- Mission Mt Somers
- Hanmer Halloween Howler
- Bell Hill Challenge
- Boulder Bay Classic
- Ashley Forest Colour Fun Run
- Woodbury Hill Country Challenge
- Pink Ribbon Walk
- Selwyn Running Festival
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Krayzie K's
- Wicked Rogaines Spring Series
- Corporate Challenge 5K
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Colour Zone Run
- Rolleston Kids Triathlon
- Valley Ultra
- Hunter Civil 10-Hour Day/Nighter
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Pak'n Save Triathlon Festival
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Crazy Kea Adventure Race
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- Canterbury Half Marathon
- FitandAbel Funky Swim Event