These fun rogaines are suitable for gurus to newbies: 1-hour and 2-hour options are available.
Anybody that has a moderate level of fitness can participate. A high level of navigation ability is not required. There will be an exciting mixture of street and off-road options to satisfy all tastes.
Kids and families are welcome to come and have a fun time. Teams travel at their own pace and anyone from children to grandparents can experience the personal satisfaction that comes from cross-country navigation at their own level of competition and comfort. Team members stay within earshot of each other.
Dates and Locations:
- Wednesday 16th December 2020: Heathcote;
- Wednesday 13th January 2021: Mt Pleasant;
- Wednesday 20th January 2021: Horotane Valley;
- Wednesday 27th January 2021: Huntsbury; and
- Wednesday 3rd February 2021: Corsair Bay.
Start Time: 5pm.
Cost: $25 per adult (over 20) and $10 for students. Kids under 12 are free with one paying adult. Discounts are available if you sign up for the whole series.
There will also be a Waitangi Day Rogaine - on Saturday 6th February 2021.
Find out more on the Canterbury Rogaine Series website, including how to enter.
Rogaining involves teams of two to five members visiting as many checkpoints as possible in the time allowed. Checkpoints are scored differently depending on level of difficulty in reaching them, so teams choose a strategy (such as to visit many low score checkpoints) and route selection becomes a vital component.
Teams travel entirely on foot, navigating by map and compass between checkpoints in terrain that varies from open farmland to hilly forest. Teams travel at their own pace and anyone from children to grandparents can experience the personal satisfaction that comes from cross-country navigation at their own level of competition and comfort. Team members stay within earshot of each other.
The best thing about rogaining is the social aspect. Everyone starts at the same time, and generally finishes at the same time - it is just the amount of ground that has been covered by teams that differs. Rogaining can be held in city environments or in farmland and bush, and you get to visit parts of the country you never knew existed.
- Virtual Events Club
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Banks Peninsula Adventure Race
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- RealSwim Race Series
- Canterbury Half Marathon
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Wicked Christmas Rogaine
- Christmas Twilight Rogaine
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- Aotearoa Ultra Marathon
- Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- The James Mountain Sport Series
- Rasdex Classic River Race Series
- Wine Run
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series