site menu: Te Reo Māori | EnglishMenu
These fun rogaines are suitable for gurus to newbies: 6-hour, 4-hour, 2-hour and 1-hour options are available. This event will be held on an iconic Banks Peninsula farm and is a fundraiser for Diamond Harbour School.
Anybody that has a moderate level of fitness can participate. A high level of navigation ability is not required. Kids and families are welcome to come and have a fun time.
Date: Sunday 7th May 2023.
Start Time: From 10am. Maps available from 9am and briefing at 9.45am. All events will be completed by 4.30pm.
Start Location: TBA.
- 6-hour or 4-hour: $80 for adults, $60 for students and $50 for secondary school students.
- 2-hour: $30 for adults, $25 for students and $20 for secondary school students.
- Wicked Kids Fun 1-hour: $25 for a family (2 adults and up to 4 children from the same family). Kids 12 years and under are free with one paying adult.
Online entries close at:
- 10pm on Friday 28th April 2023 for the 6-hour and 4-hour events; and
- 10pm on Saturday 29th April 2023 for the 2-hour and Wicked Kids' events.
A $5 late fee will apply to entries on the day.
Find out more on the Wicked Rogaines website, including how to enter.
Get the latest information on the Wicked Rogaines Facebook page.
Rogaining involves teams of two to five members visiting as many checkpoints as possible in the time allowed. Checkpoints are scored differently depending on level of difficulty in reaching them; therefore teams choose a strategy (such as to visit many low score checkpoints) and route selection becomes a vital component.
Teams travel entirely on foot, navigating by map and compass between checkpoints in terrain that varies from open farmland to hilly forest. Teams travel at their own pace and anyone from children to grandparents can experience the personal satisfaction that comes from cross-country navigation at their own level of competition and comfort. Team members stay within earshot of each other.
The best thing about rogaining is the social aspect. Everyone starts at the same time, and generally finishes at the same time - it is just the amount of ground that has been covered by teams that differs. Rogaining can be held in city environments or in farmland and bush, and you get to visit parts of the country you never knew existed.
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Rail Trail Rampage
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Lakes Reserve Cross Country
- Methven and Foothills Walking Festival
- The Walking Festival
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Kaikoura Adventure Race
- Christchurch Marathon
- Red Zone 6
- Hagley Memorial Relay
- Skedaddle Trail Run
- Hanmer Four Square Half Marathon
- Wicked Autumn Rogaine
- Crazy Kea Autumn Rogaine
- Canterbury Duathlon Series