Get off the beaten track, explore parts of Banks Peninsula not usually open to the public, visit new reserves and appreciate projects in progress. Local guides will lead, inform and inspire you along the way!
Dates: Saturdays and Sundays from 7th to 29th November 2020.
Cost: Starting from $10. Price depends on the walk.
The Banks Peninsula Walking Festival has 27 great walks to choose from, with several family family options.
- Join the continuing multi-year Kaitorete Spit challenge;
- Take the family on the Omahu Bush Kid’s Nature Trail;
- Visit Le Bons Bays Langer Reserve and take your pooch along for ‘Grunts, Dykes and Dogs!’
- Explore the western headland of Akaroa Harbour on Lands End Farm; or
- Learn about the military history at Godley Head.
The great variety of walks offers something for people of all ages, abilities and interests - whether it be history and heritage, botany or geology. There is something for everyone with a guarantee of beautiful views and scenery along the way.
Find out more about the Banks Peninsula Walking Festival, and for details on how to book. Book now as places are limited and popular walks fill up fast.
- Virtual Events Club
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Banks Peninsula Adventure Race
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- RealSwim Race Series
- Canterbury Half Marathon
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Wicked Christmas Rogaine
- Christmas Twilight Rogaine
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- Aotearoa Ultra Marathon
- Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- The James Mountain Sport Series
- Rasdex Classic River Race Series
- Wine Run
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series