This event is suitable for all ages and abilities with a challenging course - previously known as the Corsair Bay Classic. The plan is alternate years between Wainui and Corsair Bay - so 2022 will be the debut of the Wainui course.
The Corsair Bay Classic consists of the following different events:
- Olympic tri - 1500m swim, 39km bike ride and 10km run.
- Olympic duathlon - 3.4km run, 39km bike ride and 10km run.
- Short course tri - 300m swim, 13km bike ride and 3.4km run.
- Short course duathlon: 1.7km run, 13km bike ride and 3.4km run.
- Junior Aquathon (10 years and over): 200m swim and 3.5km run.
- Kids' Aquathon (5 to 9 years): a swim or wade followed by a 1.7km run.
Date: Sunday 30th January 2022.
Start Time: 8am for Olympic events, 8.30am for short course events and 8.40am for the junior and kids' aquathons.
Start Location: Wainui Beach.
Cost: $79 per person for Olympic events, $69 for short course events, $25 for the junior aquathon and $20 for kids' aquathlon. A discount is available for Canterbury Triathlon Club members. A late fee will apply to entries received later than 16th January 2022.
Get more information on the Canterbury Classic Triathlon, including how to register. Aquabike options are also available.
- Wicked Rogaines Spring Series
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Crazy Kea Adventure Race
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- Canterbury Half Marathon
- Wicked Christmas Rogaine
- FitandAbel Funky Swim Event
- Aotearoa Ultra Marathon
- Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- RealSwim Race Series
- Elements NZ
- Wine Run
- Virtual Events Club
- The James Mountain Sport Series
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run
- Canterbury Classic Triathlon and Duathlon