The Active Canterbury Network supports local community activity providers to deliver high quality programmes and activities. On the Network are organisations who are able to provide advice and support.
Councils have staff available to help you get people more active. Contact them for recreation and sports information, advice and resources.
- Contact your local Christchurch City Council Community Recreation Advisors on 03 941 8999.
- Contact the Selwyn District Council Active Communities Coordinator (Rolleston Service Centre) on 03 347 2753.
- Contact the Waimakariri District Council's Community Team on 03 311 8900.
The Sport Canterbury team has a depth experience in community sport, event management and physical activity. Everything they do is about getting, and keeping, people engaged with sport and physical activity. Sport Canterbury has Regional Sports Trust offices in Christchurch, Mid Canterbury, South Canterbury and the West Coast.
Sport NZ is the national organisation promoting sport and physical activity (previously known as SPARC).
The Exercise Professionals Network Aotearoa is all about exercise professionals learning from each other to become successful. They have a group of local ambassadors to support and assist members.
Belonging to the Network has the following benefits:
- Local meet ups;
- Facebook communities and hubs;
- Promoting courses you offer;
- Advertising job vacancies to a relevant audience;
- Discussing relevant issues or wins you may have in your business;
- Joining monthly presentations from industry professionals;
- Learning about upcoming personal development courses, webinars or presentations; and
- Networking with like-minded exercise professionals.