The Active Canterbury Network supports local community activity providers to deliver high quality programmes and activities. On the Network are organisations who are able to provide advice and support.
Councils have staff available to help you get people more active. Contact them for recreation and sports information, advice and resources.
- Contact your local Christchurch City Council Community Recreation Advisors on 03 941 8999.
- Contact the Selwyn District Council Active Communities Coordinator (Rolleston Service Centre) on 03 347 2753.
- Contact the Waimakariri District Council's Community Team on 03 311 8900.
The Sport Canterbury team has a depth experience in community sport, event management and physical activity. Everything they do is about getting, and keeping, people engaged with sport and physical activity. Sport Canterbury has Regional Sports Trust offices in Christchurch, Mid Canterbury, South Canterbury and the West Coast.
Sport NZ is the national organisation promoting sport and physical activity (previously known as SPARC).
This initiative from Active Canterbury involves one-on-one mentoring to help community providers:
- start up new classes and activities,
- grow their class or participant numbers, and
- manage existing programmes or classes more effectively.
Providers who take part in the mini-mentoring will receive up to 4 hours of FREE mentoring and support from experienced mentors.
Another round of mini-mentoring will be offered by Active Canterbury later in 2019 - check back in June for more details.
Get in touch with Active Canterbury if you would like help with your programme or activity. We will do our best to connect you with an industry expert.
The Personal Training Council (PTC) Mentoring service is all about connecting mentors (personal trainers and professionals who have higher skills and knowledge) with personal trainers and who are looking for knowledge or support with their Personal Training business.
They have a group of quality mentors who specialise in a range of areas within the exercise profession including:
- starting a business,
- working with special population groups,
- programme design and
- client care.
Select an area you want a boost in, and they will match you with potential mentors.