A visit to your local pool is a fun family activity that builds water confidence. There are some great facilities across Canterbury that are family friendly and the perfect place to burn off some excess energy.
- Check the water quality at swimming locations around Canterbury (Environment Canterbury).
- Selwyn District Council's outdoor pools open during the summer.
- Selwyn Aquatic Centre in Rolleston.
- Waimakariri District Council's indoor and outdoor pools.
- The Amberley Swimming Pool is open during the summer.
- Pools in the Kaikōura District.
Find out about the CCC SwimSmart membership programme that aims to help pre-schoolers, children and teenagers learn to swim and be water confident.