A visit to your local pool is a fun family activity that builds water confidence. There are some great facilities across Canterbury that are family friendly and the perfect place to burn off some excess energy.
- Swimming pools in the greater Christchurch area (CINCH).
- Christchurch City Council indoor swimming pools.
- Christchurch paddling pools open during the summer (CCC).
- Christchurch City Council outdoor swimming pools.
- Christchurch and Banks Peninsula beaches (CCC).
- He Puna Taimoana - the New Brighton hot pools.
- Check the water quality at swimming locations around Canterbury (Environment Canterbury).
- Selwyn District Council's outdoor pools open during the summer.
- Selwyn Aquatic Centre in Rolleston.
- Waimakariri District Council's indoor and outdoor pools.
- The Amberley Swimming Pool is open during the summer.
- Pools in the Kaikōura District.
Find out about the CCC Swimsmart programme that aims to help pre-schoolers, children and teenagers learn to swim and be water confident.
Te Pou Toetoe: Linwood Pool is open every Wednesday afternoon and evening (3 to 9.30pm) for swimming sessions just for women - from 4th May to 29th June 2022 .
Unwind in the spa, swim some laps in the lane pool, splash with your kids on the wet deck or sign up for a swimming lesson to further your water confidence.
All women are welcome, including transgender women and people who identify as being a woman. You are welcome to bring your children, including boys 5 years old and under.
For your comfort and privacy, women-only staff will be poolside and the blinds will be down so you can relax and enjoy the pools in your own way.
Standard pool entry fees will apply. Free entry for pool or multi members.