A visit to your local pool is a fun family activity that builds water confidence. There are some great facilities across Canterbury that are family friendly and the perfect place to burn off some excess energy.
- Swimming pools in the greater Christchurch area (CINCH).
- Christchurch City Council indoor swimming pools.
- Christchurch paddling pools open during the summer (CCC).
- Christchurch City Council outdoor swimming pools.
- Christchurch and Banks Peninsula beaches (CCC).
- He Puna Taimoana - the New Brighton hot pools.
- Check the water quality at swimming locations around Canterbury (Environment Canterbury).
- Selwyn District Council's outdoor pools open during the summer.
- Selwyn Aquatic Centre in Rolleston.
- Waimakariri District Council's indoor and outdoor pools.
- The Amberley Swimming Pool is open during the summer.
- Pools in the Kaikōura District.
Find out about the CCC Swimsmart programme that aims to help pre-schoolers, children and teenagers learn to swim and be water confident.