Come and walk around the fantastic track at Ngā Puna Wai as many times as you would like in the time allocated - either as an individual or part of a team.
This fun walk is a special opportunity to walk in memory or support of a loved one with dementia, plus raise funds to support Dementia Canterbury’s work in the community.
Date: Sunday 11th April 2021 - wet or fine.
Time: 10.30am to noon.
Location: Ngā Puna Wai Sports Hub (Augustine Drive - off Halswell Road).
Cost: $20 for adults ($30 on the day), $6 for carers and those with dementia or disability. Children under 10 free. You can also register as team of 6 adults or young people for $100. Spectators are welcome to watch for a donation/ koha.
Register online for the Walk for Dementia (Eventbrite) or by calling Dementia Canterbury (03 379 2590). You can also contact Dementia Canterbury for more information (marketing[at]dementiacanterbury.org.nz).
Spot prizes will be handed out during the morning as well as a prize for the best dressed team. Bring your own water bottle - refills will be available.
This event is wheelchair, walking frame, and stroller-friendly - no scooters, bikes or dogs please.
- A Quickie on the Beach
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- PAPO Summer Sprint Series
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Southshore Estuary Evening Race
- The Bucket Run
- Le Race
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Run Ruapuna
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon
- Pier to Pier Run Festival
- Forest Run Fest: Autumn Edition
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Arrowsmith Thee Races
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Christchurch Marathon
- Walk for Dementia
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Kaikoura Adventure Race
- Red Zone 6