A Run to Remember is a charity fun run and walk to honour those who lost their lives during the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes. The aim is to bring communities together, and celebrate the benefits of being active to our physical and mental health.
The 10km run starts in Victoria Park and heads up along the Port Hills before turning down Rapaki track and finishing in Hansen Park (Opawa). This is a good challenge for runners and walkers of all levels.
The Life Education 2.5km Stride event in Hansen Park encourage families to walk, run and remember together.
Date: Sunday 21st February 2021.
Start Time: Waves from 9am for the Run to Remember - briefing at 8.40am. 10.30am for the Life Education 2.5km Stride.
Start Location: Victoria Park (Cashmere) or Hansen Park (Opawa).
- Run to Remember: $25 for adults (18 years and over), $15 for young people (17 years and under) and under 5s free. Discounts are available for teams of at least 8 people and families (2 adults and up to 3 children).
- Life Education 2.5km Stride: $10 for adults, $5 for young people and under 5s free.
Find out about more about The Press Run to Remember, including how to enter. A late fee will apply to entries received after 1st January 2021 as well as on the day.
The Press Run to Remember in 2021 is proudly brought to you by Sport Canterbury with the support of Athletics Canterbury.
- Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- RealSwim Race Series
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- Corsair Classic Triathlon and Duathlon
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run
- Herbert Hustle
- Rolleston Colour Fun Day
- La Grande Swim
- Ride the Rakaia
- Mt Somers Mountain Bike Race
- The Press Run to Remember
- Sheffield Rugby Mountain Bike Race
- Wicked Chinatown Rogaine
- A Quickie on the Beach
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Le Race
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Run Ruapuna