The Mt. Somers Mountain Bike Race offers a mountain bike ride or walk for all ages and all capabilities. It’s a day the whole family can enjoy. Competitors will journey through captivating landscape that weaves around grassland, tussock, shady forests and flourishing native bush of the historic Mt Somers Station.
The race consists of the following events:
- Hokonui Radio MTB Challenge: 31km ride;
- RDR Foothills Race: 23km ride;
- Big Al's Lowland MTB: 17km ride; or
- Staveley Store Cafe 6.5km walk.
Date: Saturday 20th February 2021.
Start Time: 10am.
Start Location: Mt Somers Station (Burnett Road, Mt Somers) - sign posted from Mt Somers Village.
Cost: $60 for adult riders, $35 for junior riders and $20 for walkers.
Find out more about the Mt Somers Mountain Bike Race, including how to enter. Entries close at 8pm on Thursday 18th February 2021.
This event is run by the Mayfield Lions. All proceeds from the event will benefit Ronald McDonald House South Island.
- Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series
- RealSwim Race Series
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- Corsair Classic Triathlon and Duathlon
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run
- Herbert Hustle
- Rolleston Colour Fun Day
- La Grande Swim
- Ride the Rakaia
- Mt Somers Mountain Bike Race
- The Press Run to Remember
- Sheffield Rugby Mountain Bike Race
- Wicked Chinatown Rogaine
- A Quickie on the Beach
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Le Race
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Run Ruapuna