0800 ACTIVE (22 84 83)
site menu: Te Reo Māori | EnglishMenu
Methven and Foothills Walking Festival
Get out and about in the fresh country air and discover the amazing walks in the Methven and Foothills area.
Dates: Saturday 8th to Sunday 16th April 2023.
Cost: Starting from $10 - price depends on the walk. Many family events are free.
There is something for everyone:
- Bring the family to experience the famous Methven Scarecrow Trail (8th to 23rd April).
- Join the Easter Egg Hunt at Awa Awa Rata (Sunday 9th April) or the Family Fun Day at the Enchanted Forest (Saturday 15th April).
- Challenge yourself on the walks to Woolshed Creek or Scotts Saddle or discover the newly formed track to Sharplin Falls.
- History buffs can join the History of Houses tour or learn more about local Railway history.
- There will be two wellbeing walks as well as a walk around some of Methven's well-known restuarants for those into wine and food.
You can also enjoy the Methven Walkway, Piwakawaka Walk and the Enchanted Forest at your own pace - free and open every day for all to explore.
Find out more about the Methven and Foothills Walking Festival, including how to book the guided walks.
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Rail Trail Rampage
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Lakes Reserve Cross Country
- Methven and Foothills Walking Festival
- The Walking Festival
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Kaikoura Adventure Race
- Christchurch Marathon
- Red Zone 6
- Hagley Memorial Relay
- Skedaddle Trail Run
- Hanmer Four Square Half Marathon
- Wicked Autumn Rogaine
- Crazy Kea Autumn Rogaine
- Canterbury Duathlon Series