This three-race series on Friday evenings uses Lake Crichton, one of Selwyn's hidden gems - the perfect venue for an entry level duathlon or triathlon. It's a fantastic way to round out your working week!
There is a race for athletes of every ability within the series over short and long distances, and as either a team or individual:
- Short Course Tri/Du: 150m swim or 1.5km run, 8km road bike, and 2.25km off-road run.
- Long Course Tri/Du: 400m swim or 1.5km run, 16km road bike, and 4.2km off-road run.
- Friday 19th January 2024;
- Friday 9th February 2024; and
- Friday 1st March 2024.
Start Time: 6.30pm for long course events, and 6.40pm for short course events. Registration opens at 5.15pm and a race briefing will be held at 6.10pm.
Location: Lake Crichton (Frasers Road, Southbridge) - 25 minutes south of Hornby and 2km south of Dunsandel.
Cost per event: $40 for adults, $30 for students including tertiary students, and from $50 for a team. A discounted rate is available if you register for all three events.
Online registrations close at midnight on the Wednesday prior to each event. A $10 late fee will apply to on the day registrations.
Find out more about the Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series, including how to enter.
- Canterbury Half Marathon
- Pak'n Save Triathlon Festival
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Aotearoa Ultra Marathon
- Lake Tahi Swim Race Series
- Shoe Clinic Asics 5K Series
- The Long Run
- The James Mountain Sport Series
- Lake Crichton Series
- Wine Run
- Canterbury Classic Triathlon and Duathlon
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run