The Generation Homes La Grande Swim returning to the simply beautiful Akaroa Harbour for the 2021/22 New Zealand Ocean Swim Series.
La Grande Swim provides an ocean swim event for all ages and abilities:
- A 5km swim for those aged 12+ years (Wainui to Akaroa).
- A 2km swim for those aged 12+ years. An achievable distance for individuals with swimming experience.
- A 750m swim for those aged 10+ years. A great introduction to open water swimming.
- BananaBoat OceanKids: A swim for children aged from 7 to 12 years old - either 100m or 200m depending on age.
Date: Saturday 26th February 2022.
Start Time: 10am for the 5km event, 11.45 for the 2km event, 12.30pm for the 750m event and 2.20pm for the kids' events.
Location: Akaroa Recreation Ground. Buses provided to the start of the 5km event in Wainui from 7.50am.
Cost: $75 per adult (18+ years) for the 5km event, $50 for the 2km event and $30 for the 750m event. $20 for the kids event. Discounts available for youth (13 to 18 years) and senior (65+) entries. These earlybird prices apply until 27th January 2022.
Get more information on La Grande Swim, including how to enter.
- Virtual Events Club
- RealSwim Race Series
- Pegasus Bay Vine Run
- Canterbury Classic Triathlon and Duathlon
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- PAPO Summer Sprint Series
- Corporate Challenge 5K
- Inov8 King and Queen of the Crater
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- La Grande Swim
- The FAST Five
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- XRACE Christchurch
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Rakahuri Rage
- Walk for Dementia
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Krank It
- Le Race
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch