The Kaikoura Adventure Race is a traditional adventure race combining multiple disciplines including trekking, mountain biking and navigation into a complete journey. Team members race together and the courses are designed to challenge the strongest teams while still being achievable for all levels of fitness and abilities.
Four events are available for adult, school and family teams of 2 to 4 members:
- 3 hours;
- 6 hours;
- 12 hours (adult teams only); and
- 24 hours (adult teams only).
The 24 hour event includes packrafting as well as the other disciplines.
Date: Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th April 2021.
Start Time: 10pm on Saturday for the 24-hour race. 8am on Sunday for the 12-hour race, 10am for the 6-hour race and noon for the 3-hour race. Briefings for longer events on Saturday, and 9am on Sunday for the 3-hour race.
Location: Secret location in the Kaikoura District.
- Adult teams: From $85 per person (18+ years old) for the 3-hour event;
- School teams: From $30 per person (high school students) for the 3-hour event; and
- Family teams: From $85 per adult and $30 for children (10+ years old) for the 3-hour event.
Find out more about the Kaikoura Adventure Race, including how to enter. A late fee applies to entries submitted on or after 1st April 2021.
The event is a fundraiser for adventure racing groups and Kaikoura High School.
- A Quickie on the Beach
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- PAPO Summer Sprint Series
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Southshore Estuary Evening Race
- The Bucket Run
- Le Race
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Run Ruapuna
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon
- Pier to Pier Run Festival
- Forest Run Fest: Autumn Edition
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Arrowsmith Thee Races
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Christchurch Marathon
- Walk for Dementia
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Kaikoura Adventure Race
- Red Zone 6