The Crazy Kea Adventure Race - previously known as the Banks Peninsula Adventure Race - is an adventure race starting from a mystery location somewhere in the Selwyn District. There are three duration options: 4, 8 or 12 hours.
Competitors will trek and bike their way through native bush, streams, farmland and trails before reaching the finish. The course will be kept secret until the day of the race and you will receive your maps just before race start so you can plan your strategy and route choice.
Teams of 3 or 4 people are required, with prizes for the fastest teams in each gender and age category.
Date: Sunday 5th December 2021.
Start Time: 6am for the 12-hour event, 8am for the 8-hour event, and 10am for the 4-hour event.
Start Location: A secret until one week before the event.
- 12-hour event: $180 per person for adult teams, and $100 per person for junior teams (under 20);
- 8-hour event: $150 per person for adult teams, and $80 per person for junior teams (under 20); and
- 4-hour event: $120 per person for adult teams, and $60 per person for junior teams (under 20).
Find out more about the Crazy Kea Peninsula Adventure Race, including gear requirements and how to enter. Entries close at midnight on Sunday 28th November 2021.
This event is a fundraiser for junior orienteering in Canterbury.
- Virtual Events Club
- Mission Mt Somers
- Hanmer Halloween Howler
- Bell Hill Challenge
- Boulder Bay Classic
- Ashley Forest Colour Fun Run
- Woodbury Hill Country Challenge
- Pink Ribbon Walk
- Selwyn Running Festival
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Krayzie K's
- Wicked Rogaines Spring Series
- Corporate Challenge 5K
- Christchurch 10km Series
- Colour Zone Run
- Rolleston Kids Triathlon
- Valley Ultra
- Hunter Civil 10-Hour Day/Nighter
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Pak'n Save Triathlon Festival
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Crazy Kea Adventure Race
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- Canterbury Half Marathon
- FitandAbel Funky Swim Event