Come and be part of the fun at the largest fun run in the South Island. The City2Surf is an event for the young and old, the serious and not-so-serious, individuals, teams, schools and families.
There are two distances for walkers, joggers and runners - both finishing at the Ferrymead Playing Fields:
- 14km: starting 9am at Pioneer Stadium’s Centennial Park. Warm up and entertainment from 8am.
- 6km: starting 10am at Hansen Park (Opawa). Warm up and entertainment from 9am.
No dogs, bicycles or rollerblades permitted.
Date: Sunday 21st March 2021.
Cost: $25 per person. Children 10 years and under are free! They must be accompanied by a participating adult.
The entry fee includes:
- Refreshment on the course and at the finish line;
- Live music;
- Free children’s entertainment;
- Free entry into Ferrymead Heritage Park on the day; and
- Your chance to win major and spot prizes!
Find out more about the 2021 City2Surf, including how to enter.
The Athlete's Foot have organised a series of FREE training runs to help you prepare for the City2Surf. All welcome.
Dates: Tuesdays from 13th February to 20th March 2019.
Start Time: 6.30pm. Meet at 6.15pm.
Start Location: South Hagley Park (by the netball courts).
City2Surf entrants who are not a member of the YMCA can qualify for a FREE YMCA Health and Fitness gym membership until the day of the race. Charges apply for some group fitness classes.
Download the voucher for free YMCA City2Surf membership. Contact your local YMCA for more information on this free membership offer.
- A Quickie on the Beach
- Christchurch Motorway Half Marathon
- Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Lions Ashley River Ramble
- PAPO Summer Sprint Series
- Frontrunner Lake Crichton Series
- XRACE Christchurch
- Rakahuri Rage
- Kaiapoi Fun Run
- Sea 2 Sky Challenge
- Sri Chinmoy Southshore Estuary Evening Race
- The Bucket Run
- Le Race
- Hanmer MTB Race
- Run Ruapuna
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- PhysioMed Women's Triathlon and Duathlon
- Pier to Pier Run Festival
- Forest Run Fest: Autumn Edition
- Sri Chinmoy Sumner Esplanade
- Arrowsmith Thee Races
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Christchurch Marathon
- Walk for Dementia
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Kaikoura Adventure Race
- Red Zone 6