site menu: Te Reo Māori | EnglishMenu
The ASB Christchurch Marathon will be run on a central city course taking in iconic Christchurch landmarks such as Hagley Park and the Avon River.
There is something for everyone for this scenic event, with:
- a full marathon run (42.2km);
- half marathon run and walk (21.3km);
- 10km run and walk; and
- Kids' Mara'Fun for children - 1km for 5 to 6 year olds, 2km for 7 to 10 year olds or 3km for 11 to 15 year olds.
Wheelchair competitors can take part in any of the event distances.
Date: Sunday 16th April 2023.
Start Time: 7.29am for wheelchair racers, 7.30am for all adult walkers or runners. Briefing at 7.15am. The Kids Mara'Fun starts from 11.30am.
Start Location: Christchurch Town Hall (Kilmore Street).
Cost: $115 for the full marathon, $80 for the half-marathon, $50 for the 10K, and $25 for the Kids Mara'Fun (5 to 15 years old). Parents can run with kids for free.
Late fees apply to all entries received after Monday 27th March 2023. Entries from the cancelled 2022 event have been automatically rolled to this event.
Find out more about the Christchurch Marathon, including how to enter and training support.
Visit the Christchurch Marathon Facebook page for the latest updates.
- Wicked Rogaines Autumn Series
- Muddy Good Run Christchurch
- Rail Trail Rampage
- Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Lakes Reserve Cross Country
- Methven and Foothills Walking Festival
- The Walking Festival
- Mt Oxford Odyssey
- Kaikoura Adventure Race
- Christchurch Marathon
- Red Zone 6
- Hagley Memorial Relay
- Skedaddle Trail Run
- Hanmer Four Square Half Marathon
- Wicked Autumn Rogaine
- Crazy Kea Autumn Rogaine
- Canterbury Duathlon Series