The Banks Peninsula Adventure Race is an adventure race starting from a mystery location somewhere on the Peninsula. There are three duration options: 3, 6 or 9 hours.
Competitors will trek and bike their way through native bush, streams, farmland and trails before reaching the finish. The course will be kept secret until the day of the race and you will receive your maps just before race start so you can plan your strategy and route choice.
Teams of 3 or 4 people are required, with prizes for the fastest teams in each gender and age category.
Date: Sunday 29th November 2020.
Start Time: 7am for the 9-hour event, 9am for the 6-hour event, and 10am for the 3-hour event.
Start Location: A secret until one week before the event.
- 9-hour event: $130 per person for adult teams, and $100 per person for junior teams (under 20);
- 6-hour event: $110 per person for adult teams, and $80 per person for junior teams (under 20); and
- 3-hour event: $90 per person for adult teams, and $60 per person for junior teams (under 20).
Find out more about the Banks Peninsula Adventure Race, including gear requirements and how to enter.
This event is a fundraiser for junior orienteering in Canterbury.
- Virtual Events Club
- Wicked Rogaine Spring Series
- Nga Puna Wai Relay Run
- Mission Mt Somers
- Selwyn Running Festival
- Sri Chinmoy Pegasus Bay Classic
- Rasdex Classic River Race Series
- Darfield Duathlon
- Corporate Challenge 5K
- A Quickie in the Hills
- Banks Peninsula Walking Festival
- Boulder Bay Classic
- Omihi School Farm Race
- Krayzie K's
- The Training Run
- Valley Ultra
- Cheviot Hills Challenge
- Colour Zone Run
- Banks Peninsula Adventure Race
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge
- Pak n Save Triathlon Festival
- Hanmer Holiday Homes Alpine Marathon
- Bridge to Bridge Mountain Bike Ride
- RealSwim Race Series
- Canterbury Half Marathon
- Sri Chinmoy Christmas Dash
- Wicked Christmas Rogaine
- Canterbury Summer Rogaine Series